JOB VACANCY – JANUARY 26, 2023
CASUAL CALL IN TOWN CLERK
TOWN OF ST. GEORGE’S
The above position is available and is open to all male and female applicants.
Rate of pay as in accordance with NAPE, Local 1811 Current Rate $25.15 per hour
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Reporting to the Town Clerk, the Call in Town Clerk provides administrative support and services to ensure effective and efficient administrative operations for designated functions and activities within policies established by Council and in accordance with applicable legislation. Such work requires initiative, judgement, and the ability to work effectively and independently with the public and others.
In the absence of the Town Clerk, the Call In Town Clerk performs the duties and responsibilities of the Town Clerk as per the Job Description for the Town Clerk.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Call in Town Clerk may be assigned to complete some or all the following:
- Perform municipal finance functions including general accounting, financial analysis, internal financial controls, financial reporting, Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) requirements, Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) management, annual audit, accounts payable and receivables, invoicing, and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports and financial statements, receipts, deposits, bank reconciliations, payroll, taxation, maintenance of assessment roll, general ledger entries, complete documentation for GST/HST rebates, ensuring proper accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Process development permits and related record keeping.
- Process Municipal Assessment Agency requirements.
- Attend Committee meetings, if required, and take minutes for review by the Town Clerk.
- Prepare and circulate Council meeting agendas and minutes; ensure action items generated from meetings are followed-up; maintain action report and ensure all items are actioned.
- Maintain Records Management System.
- Assist in the compilation of data and other required information for the external auditor.
- Provide administrative support to the Mayor, Council, Town Manager and Town Clerk; receive and screen telephone calls; record and route correspondence; draft letters and documents; respond to front line requests for information for the Mayor, Council, Town Manager, and Town Clerk.
- Keep informed and up to date on any changes in Federal and Provincial legislation that may impact any financial activities or operational requirements of the Town or the statutory duties of the Town Clerk.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion in the disclosure of information obtained in the performance of duties of call in Town Clerk or while acting as Town Clerk.
- Maintain a high level of professional competence through continuous professional development in key areas of functional responsibility and critical leadership skills, and through active affiliation and participation with relevant professional organizations and peers.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- In the absence of the Town Clerk, perform the duties and responsibilities for this position as per the Town Clerk’s Job Description and report to the Town Manager
A post-secondary degree/diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration, or in a related field, working with appointed or volunteer boards; a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a municipal or equivalent administrative position; training and experience in general office procedures, computer skills, proven interpersonal leadership, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong understanding of finance and customer service focus; or any equivalent combination of experience and training acceptable to the Town.
Applications are to be submitted to the Town Manager, Email email@example.com
Town of St. George’s on or before February 08, 2023.